Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act. Psalm 37:5

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The end is near...

Well sweet friends this week was a good one to say the least. I cannot believe project is coming to a close.  I have seriously fallen in love with this city and the people in it. Last weekend we did an outreach with some people in the tougher neighborhoods. Let me tell you, going out to the beach was fabulous, but going into the neighborhood, where people live, I learned so much about loving people and meeting them right where they're at. We handed out groceries and hotdogs and simply talked to people. It was a true blessing to me. It certainly reminds me that one, God provides and two, we are often times more blessed than we realize. It was such a humbling and rewarding experience.
     I cannot express the way I am currently feeling about returning home in just 2 short days. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about it. We all know Megan does not do well with drastic changes, but I am convinced the Lord is trying to teach me something through them because I cannot seem to escape them. I know I've said this before, but the friendships I have built here are like no others. I want to do life with these people everyday. I want to be able to say "see you soon" But in all reality, that is not realistic at all. I don't know the next time we will all be together, maybe never. But what I do know is the Lord met us here this summer and changed our lives. We will forever be bonded through the work He has done in each of our lives and for that reason alone I can find peace in what is coming. These friendships are based on Christ and I can't express how thankful I am for that.
    I am excited to return home to see my sweet best friends that I have been missing in that sweet little town I call home. I have missed you all dearly. But yet again, that visit will be bitter sweet as I will only be there for 8 days. Oh how life begins to fly. I am now understanding and believing that our lives are flying by and we can either chose to embrace it and use the time we have the way the Lord intended or we can watch it go by simply standing on the sidelines.
   These next two transitions will probably be harder than my first transition to college, but I know that the Lord will hold onto me no matter what. In Lamentations 3:22 it says "The steadfast of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end they are new every morning." This is one of many verses I have fallen in love with this summer. He promises to renew us and never leave. Please pray for me and my friends as we are preparing to leave. It's going to be hard for all of us I feel. Thanks again for all that you do. I wouldn't be here without your prayers and support. Love you all dearly.

Lots of Bitter Sweet Summer Love,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment