Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act. Psalm 37:5

Saturday, June 12, 2010

100 Miles a Minute!!

Ok, ok I am soo incredibly sorry it has been like 2 weeks since I last updated. I am literally doing something all the time and honest to goodness loving every minute!! I started working at GAP on King Street on the 31st. I work there every day of the week from 8-5ish, give or take some hours depending on the day. I have been biking from the hotel where we are staying to work. It's pretty fun and it's especially beautiful in the mornings. Sometimes I get to bike with my friend Natalie when I have to be there early. I must say I feel much safer when I bike with Natalie because I know we will not get lost! ha! I can honestly say even after going to work the whole first week this past Monday I did get lost....again! So it's safe to say I'm pretty terrible with directions. I am figuring it out as time passes though.
      But anyway, last weekend we went out onto the beach to do outreach. I got to talk with 4 girls. The first time was especially scary. Luckily, I had Natalie with me and the two girls we talked to were pretty easy to talk to. They were pretty young too...like 14. It was strange, after the initial "hello, my name is Megan do you have a few minutes" the fear was gone! It was a neat experience to say the least. The second time I had the opportunity to share with two girls that have graduated college. Again I was with a friend, Ronnie, who is also from Duke, like Natalie. I must say they're pretty great! But even the second time of sharing again the fear was nearly overwhelming, but quickly passed as our conversations started. I cannot say that any of the four girls know Jesus, but I can say I know a seed was planted and I am fairly certain the spiritual conversation about life after death did not stop when we said our goodbyes. I think that those events have been the highlight so far. Our project socials have been especially fun as well. We had a sandcastle building contest and we went to a Charleston Battery Soccer game. Last weekend on our night off we went "Shag dancing" that was a lot of fun too. All around I feel as if my experience has quite enjoyable and extremely beneficial.
     Today for outreach, we had an ice cream social for international students from the College of Charleston. I don't think I have ever been so sweaty in all my life, it was a scorcher today, but we had a lot of fun playing games and such. Only a few students showed up, but even so it was great.
     It's difficult to remember all of the details, but I think I got the important ones. If you have any specific questions feel free to email me (lill0162@umn.edu)! Thank you again to all of my supporters, I don't think I can ever thank you enough for your willingness to give money or prayers or both. You have truly been a blessing. I love you all and miss you tons! Oh, also I love love love getting mail so feel free to send some snail mail! =)

Lots of sweet summer love,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment